- a website homepage for the band;
- a digipak for the albums release;
- a magazine advertisement for the digipak.
After looking at this particular task I have decided to do a digipak for the albums release. I feel like I can really express what genre this album is through this and the lyrics of the songs. I could also add some stills of the music being made or performed.
I would also make the magazine advertisement for the digipak to show off the genre to those who might be interested. This would have to be eye catching and jump of the page to the reader especially if the image isn't that big.
Initial ideas for songs - themes:
Tristam: Devotion - Electronic, Dark song with a slow beat, might be something that is sinister to watch or at least dark to express the lyrics from the video to the audience. The songs main instrument is actually just a very heavily edited (reverbed) voice played through at different notes to create a song, maybe I could incorporate this feature into the video to make it look like the subject is singing it with plenty of editing making the image distorted or jumpy to amplify the effect of the edited voice to the audience?
Yellow card: Gifts and curses- Rock, very up beat song. It has a fast pace to it with a wide variety of instruments being used such as Electric guitar, Drums, Bass, Violin, piano and vocals. The song is very fast so it is likely that the editing will have to keep up with the pace of the beat of the song so the sequence flows better. I have had one idea for this song already which is for there to be a few people filmed in a car whilst on some sort of journey playing air instruments and mouthing along to the song. I thought this was quite a funny idea but creative as well if filmed right.
No comments:
Post a Comment