Evaluation question 2
How effective is the main
combination of your media product and your Ancillary tasks?
When we were producing our
main task we did take production stills of the camera and the equipment being
set up as well as some of the actors in the middle of the scenes. However we
never set up photo’s specifically for our Ancillary tasks whilst filming which
is a shame as we would have a more direct and understandable like between the
two. Because of this we were forced to make a media ancillary product that had
to link to the music video without having codes and conventions from the actual
video, which could have led to confusing product. I therefore took the idea of
the sofa moving locations and the target audience’s tastes linking to the indie
style of the music video, which ended up giving both my ancillary tasks a
cartoon theme.
When making my ancillary tasks I made a few drafts using screenshots from my music video on youtube, however this produced poor quality images with poor photography. So I changed from photography to a cartoon style. I used primarily photoshop for this as it had all the tools that I needed, shapes, layers and optional adjustment tools. This allowed me to produce complex designs.
I produced the initial visual information after we finished filming the main product, so that we knew which company names and labels that we had to use in our group were the same.
When I was researching different media products such as Digipacks and music video posters I was keen to research into different styles of product for different genres as well as the genre that our music video was in. This gave me a wide range of ideas due to other products that had been produced in the past. I looked at products that were produced by Lemon Jelly as I really liked the cartoony style of their digipacks especially with the use of buildings in contrast with the countryside. This went on to inspire me to create my own cartoon style media products that would link with the locations that we used in the actual music video.
My ancillary tasks challenged the codes and the conventions of the product I was trying to make as they reflected to the events that actually took place in my music video or at least were similar to the locations. The ancillary's were also done in a cartoon style in relation to e real thing in the music video. This showed how flexible the idea could be through different perspectives and art forms rather than just using on sight photography.
I made sure that I kept the same font throughout my Ancillary tasks so they were easier to relate to being together representing the one music video and helped maintain continuity throughout the products. It was also bold and retro styled like in an old arcade game which helped it blend with the old cartoon effect that I had used on both the ancillary tasks.
Here are the stages that I went through to make my ancillary tasks.
Poster
When making my ancillary tasks I made a few drafts using screenshots from my music video on youtube, however this produced poor quality images with poor photography. So I changed from photography to a cartoon style. I used primarily photoshop for this as it had all the tools that I needed, shapes, layers and optional adjustment tools. This allowed me to produce complex designs.
I produced the initial visual information after we finished filming the main product, so that we knew which company names and labels that we had to use in our group were the same.
When I was researching different media products such as Digipacks and music video posters I was keen to research into different styles of product for different genres as well as the genre that our music video was in. This gave me a wide range of ideas due to other products that had been produced in the past. I looked at products that were produced by Lemon Jelly as I really liked the cartoony style of their digipacks especially with the use of buildings in contrast with the countryside. This went on to inspire me to create my own cartoon style media products that would link with the locations that we used in the actual music video.
My ancillary tasks challenged the codes and the conventions of the product I was trying to make as they reflected to the events that actually took place in my music video or at least were similar to the locations. The ancillary's were also done in a cartoon style in relation to e real thing in the music video. This showed how flexible the idea could be through different perspectives and art forms rather than just using on sight photography.
I made sure that I kept the same font throughout my Ancillary tasks so they were easier to relate to being together representing the one music video and helped maintain continuity throughout the products. It was also bold and retro styled like in an old arcade game which helped it blend with the old cartoon effect that I had used on both the ancillary tasks.
Here are the stages that I went through to make my ancillary tasks.
Poster
Digipack






No comments:
Post a Comment