The basic cartoon idea to suit the ancillary tasks was my idea originally however I still needed inspiration form other works that had been done by professionals beforehand.
I took inspiration from two main sources.
Andreas Gursky:
Andreas' focus is on architectural structures which tend to show patterns, lines of symmetry and unique shapes.
One of the main themes he focus' on is windows and their structural value on a building.
In this image we can see how the windows are tightly packed together with different things happening in each one even though every window technically is the same.
For example there could be a meeting in one area where as there may just be one with one person stilling by themselves.
I plan use Andreas' use of windows in my Ancillary tasks to show a busy and exciting city in the background.
Lemon Jelly:
Lemon Jelly are a Band that produced this artwork for their album lost horizons. It is extremely colourful and helps show the transition between countryside and city life like I want to be able to do. Except this album artwork is more 3 dimensional rather than my "rookie" 2 dimensional image.
This image is actually very similar to my poster and front cover to my digipack and has a fair few of the same codes and conventions such as the green green grass and the shades of the city in the background almost lurking in the distance ready to take the countryside away for more concrete.


No comments:
Post a Comment